Warehouse Technician - Night Shift
Ogden, UT /
Plant Processing – Shipping + Receiving /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Did you know we also have amazing benefits? We wrote this list with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us…
- 20 days paid vacation
- 56 hours paid sick time
- 8 paid holidays
- Parental leave (Bonding) policy (available after 1 year if service) 20 weeks paid
- Healthcare is available the first day you start- no waiting period!
- 100% paid medical, vision & dental coverage for employee
- 100% paid vision & dental coverage for employee’s spouse and family
- Ability to participate in the long-term incentive plan
- Genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed
Joining our team here and now is especially exciting as our plant in Ogden is the first full production (think from oat to carton) facility Oatly has built in the United States. Totally oatsome, right?
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Warehouse Tech to join our team.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Schedule shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods
- Organize stock and merchandise within the warehouse by properly boxing and storing goods in their designated location
- Practice customer service when interacting with other companies and clients and see to it all external parties receive a positive interaction with the company
- Verify all incoming shipments to be accurate by comparing the invoice to order and ensuring all goods are in acceptable condition
- Work with other shipping clerks to see that all invoices are handled promptly, and goods are shipped and stored properly
- Other duties as assigned
Here are the things we think you need:
- Must be 18 years or older with the ability to read, write and speak English specific to work instructions including but not limited to safety purposes
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma required
- Experience with ERP database software
- Forklift experience required
- One to two years’ experience working in a warehouse setting
- Must have flexibility with the variety of work responsibilities available
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force at times and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Ability to work in cold and hot environments (approximately 38F-80F degrees)
- Ability to be mobile in accomplishing tasks and or moving from one worksite (up to 1-mile range) to another this could include but not be limited to in-plant departments, (Shipping- Receiving, Production, etc.) and/or to Oatly’s 3rd party warehouse
- Ability to repeat motions that may include use of the wrists, hands and/or fingers, and standing or sitting for prolonged periods (average 8-12 hours)
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.