Legal Counsel, Americas
United States /
Legal – Legal /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come to work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are seeking a Legal Counsel, Americas to join our growing team! Your mission will be to provide practical, timely, and high-quality legal advice to the Americas team on a broad range of matters, with an emphasis on transactional work such as contract drafting, negotiation, and management.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Provide direct support to various functions in the Americas business, including Commercial, Production & Supply Chain, Finance, Sustainability, Creative, People & Transformation, and Communications
- Support the VP of Legal on a wide range of matters including intellectual property, regulatory, corporate governance, advertising review, data privacy, and litigation
- Develop and improve compliance and ethics processes and procedures
- Assign and manage work performed by outside counsel in a cost-effective manner
This position will report to the VP of Legal, Americas.
Here are the things we think you need:
- Ideal candidate will have a law degree and 5-10 years experience as a practicing attorney, with a mix of in-house and firm experience
- Must have strong transactional experience, ideally in the CPG field, with an understanding of sales, distribution, equipment, and supply contracts
- Ideally you have demonstrated experience as counsel to a publicly listed company
- Strong communication skills (oral, written, and interpersonal) and the ability to identify and recommend solutions to problems
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Finally, to be the perfect fit for Oatly, we believe that you have a thirst for knowledge and that you are eager to learn more! You are an improvement driven person with a hands-on approach, even during rapid change
- We hope that you share our values and are just as eager as us to carry out our mission in order to make the world a little bit better
WHO YOU ARE
Besides having a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and being a quick thinker, we believe that you are a person who is eager to solve problems and enjoy a collaborative environment of change and fast growth.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and an employee discount to stock your fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world.
The salary for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. Compensation may also include bonus, commission, or equity as applicable. For the state of Colorado only, our good faith estimate of the starting pay for this role is $153,000.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.