Ogden, UT /
Plant Processing – Maintenance /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Joining our team here and now is especially exciting as our plant in Ogden is the first full production (think from oat to carton) facility Oatly has built in the United States. Totally oatsome, right?
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager to join our team. This role will be responsible to provide hands-on technical and professional leadership in establishing, refining and administration of equipment reliability and preventive maintenance programs for all equipment and building systems.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Lead and develop Maintenance Technicians across all shifts to maintain building and equipment to ensure optimal performance and reduction of planned and unplanned downtime
- Daily communications with Production, QA, and all other departments to resolve technical and/or operational issues, assign resources to address various performance problems and coordinate the planning and scheduling of support activities
- Continuous improvement and administration of PM / PPM programs for all equipment and building systems
- Establish, refine and administer parts room inventory programs for adherence to budgets while maintaining availability of necessary parts and optimization of stocking levels of parts for all equipment and building systems
- Continuous improvement and administration of training programs to develop skills and abilities of assigned staff
- Coordination and supervision of outside contractors for projects and maintenance support activities
- Participating in engineering improvement projects to current and future processes, including cost-reduction, manufacturability, functionality, and quality
- Ensure Maintenance Department compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Provide pro-active leadership to ensure continued compliance with USDA, FDA, EPA, OSHA and GMP regulations
Here are the things we think you need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience as a Maintenance Manager
- Technical/Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a production facility, preferably in food manufacturing
- Strong electrical/mechanical/preventive knowledge and troubleshooting ability
- Knowledge of and experience working with automated control systems
- Experience with automated packaging and palletizing systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with people in all departments and at all levels
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.