Market Development Manager
Sales – Market Development Managers /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Colorado based Market Development Manager to join in the Rocky Mountain Region. This role will be responsible for bringing the Oatly brand to life in their local market. The Market Development Manager will support a variety of activities including building the business and brand through the local coffee scene and retail partners, working with our sales commercial team to energize our distributors and creating amazing consumer experiences to drive brand fanaticism.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Cultivate the brand in your local market. This will involve hands on training, educating customers and consumers about what makes Oatly great and building lasting relationships to support brand success
- Develop innovative ways for us to build the brand in your market by thinking creatively about potential customers, consumer segments, and key influencers to help us grow
- Leveraging community engagement and relationships, develop a deep understanding of the culture and needs within your market. This includes perception of Oatly within your market
- Local business development will include working with local coffee shops on launching our product, partnering with specialty grocery stores to drive sales, or finding ways to drive key consumer demographics to buy our product in shops, stores, or online
- Plan and execute market tours to build relationships, be available for support, as well as receive feedback on Oatly
- Develop and execute experiential localized events, either Oatly led or in partnership with café or local business
- Attend coffee and natural foods related industry events in your market
- Work with the commercial team in executing the business plan to increase sales within the local market
- Respond to customer inquiries, both phone and email, in a timely manner
- Work with your counterparts in other key markets to share and transfer best practices and processes to make us all better and more successful. You must be excited about learning from the success of others and sharing your best practices to make the team better
- Manage your local development budget to track performance, deliver stellar results on or under budget, and be a fantastic steward of company resources
- Represent the brand with integrity in all interactions - commitment to our company values, positive energy, and deep product knowledge
Here are the things we think you need:
- You have the personality to succeed in this role - friendly, energetic, flexible, humble, hardworking, reliable, and trustworthy
- You know your local market incredibly well and have a great network of relationships you can tap into
- Ideally, you have an existing network in the coffee community, natural foods, or on-premise sales community
- You believe in the company mission and our role in advancing those goals - building a company committed to sustainability, superior nutritional health, and trust. This is really important to you and you have been dreaming of finding a company that aligns this closely with your personal values!
- You love building relationships and making connections around something you are passionate about. You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in
- You are excited about delivering fantastic results - including tracking customer data, building a great process for success, showing how our spending translates into positive outcomes, and being smart about managing budgets and people
- You thrive in a job that doesn't include a traditional workplace structure. You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing a generous vacation policy for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.