Maintenance Engineer - VTIS/UHT Specialist (Remote)
United States /
Operations – Engineering /
We are looking for a VTIS/UHT Maintenance Engineer to join our team. This role will be responsible for our core production beverage manufacturing process, specifically focused on the downstream operations of sterilization, aseptic filling, and packaging. You will develop technical mastery and become the operational subject matter expert and problem-solving champion for all UHT processing equipment.
This role can sit at one of our facilities, or be remote anywhere in the US with heavy travel. Site locations are Ogden, Utah, Millville, New Jersey, and Fort Worth, Texas.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Continuously evaluate the existing VTIS process control system for reliability and effectiveness.
- Work on implementations of new and upgrade VTIS projects including configuring control modules, batch programs, etc.
- Responsible for appropriate programing on the VTIS control panel.
- Could assist with completion and startup of new production facilities.
- Drive preventive maintenance program for thermal processing and aseptic filling operation.
- Oversee the maintenance, calibration, and repair of electronic instruments while working closing with maintenance and operation teams.
- Provide process technical support to the R&D and operations teams during product scale-up and troubleshooting activities.
- Assist the quality group to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements – HAACP, FDA, FSMA, etc.
- Quantify then improve long-term capacity and OEE.
- Drive continuous improvement projects.
- Prepare, modify and maintain flow diagrams and P&ID’s as well as equipment, instrumentation and production specifications.
- Work cross-functionally with R&D, quality, HR, maintenance, finance, sales, marketing and other departments as required.
Here are the things we think you need:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in Engineering, 10+ years direct experience in lieu of degree, or combination of both
- 5+ years food/beverage processing experience required
- 5+ years of VTIS and aseptic filling/packaging hands-on experience a must
- A solid understanding of processing and packaging systems with a working knowledge of plant manufacturing, engineering, quality and R&D functions
- Knowledge of electrical, fluid transfer, heat transfer, and distributed control systems
- Experience with continuous improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma, TPM, or related processes
- Strong communication and presentation skills applied to multiple organizational levels: production floor, internal managers and senior management
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite: CAD and PLC familiarity a plus
- Experience supporting test, commissioning, validation, startup and production runs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- General knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP’s)
- Basic knowledge of workplace safety
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team environment
- Ability to travel depends on where this person lives (If remote, travel will be around 75% of the time)
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and an employee discount to stock your fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world.
The salary for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific office location. Compensation may also include bonus, commission, or equity as applicable. For the state of Colorado only, our good faith estimate of the range of starting pay for this role is $126,000.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.