Coffee Sales Manager (Remote)
New York, NY HQ /
Sales – Coffee /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Coffee Sales Manager to join our team. This role will be reporting to the Director of Coffee Sales. The Coffee Sales Manager will support the North American Coffee Channel team, reporting to the Director of Coffee Sales.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Manage and develop coffee channel distribution relationships on behalf of Oatly, taking proactive responsibility for all elements of distribution ‘account management’ (pricing, info sharing, support programs, brand and relationship building)
- Support ambitious channel growth goals through longevity-focused retention and growth-oriented development of distribution partnerships. Partnering closely with the Market Development Team, strategically drive and support new business acquisition and accompanying distribution mechanisms
- Manage and plan tradespend usage relative to sales projections:
- Report on efficiencies
- Raise appropriate flags
- Discuss adjustments with commercial leadership
- Partnering closely with the Coffee Sales Coordinator and Analyst:
- Contribute to, maintain and improve existing distribution channel management and cross-departmental systems
- Maintain intimate familiarity with monthly growth and tracking data to inform partner programs and distribution network structure growth
- Contribute to, maintain and improve coffee channel internal systems to maximize holistic coffee team functionality and impact
Here are things we think you need:
- Coffee industry expertise with respect to the national specialty coffee scene
- 2-5 years experience managing foodservice accounts / distributors of various sizes
- To be a systems thinker - comfortable building models and operating within them, comfortable reworking models to suit rapidly changing priorities and needs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to interact collaboratively on a daily basis with a variety of cross functional team members
- To be comfortable operating in a remote workplace environment that changes daily
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple focuses while adhering to deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, with a proven ability to streamline processes and enable efficiencies
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.