Quality Control and Compliance Technician
Ogden, UT /
Operations Quality – Quality /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 30 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Quality Control and Compliance Technician to join our team. This role will be responsible for assuring consistent production quality by enforcing good manufacturing practice systems, validating processes, performing audits, handling system improvements, and providing documentation, in addition to making sure that the plant is in compliance with FDA/LACF regulation, third party and customer audits. This role reports full-time to the Quality and Food Safety Manager at the Ogden plant.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Fully support the plant in GFSI Standard audit (BRC) in terms of plant preparation, Document Review, Internal Audits and GAP Assessment.
- Daily review of Production/Processing Records to include CCP, CIP, SIP, ProJUMO Charts & etc. as part of the FDA/LACF Regulatory compliance, and plan for additional support in the review process to capture employee coverage.
- Regular communications with the Process Authority and Plant Management on the status of FDA/LACF compliance, including the investigation and root cause analysis of any deviation in the process, as applicable.
- Prepare the plant to be audit/inspection ready all the time, which covers federal/state inspections, customer audits, including compliance to certification agency requirements.
- Regularly ensure compliance of all raw materials, in process and finished goods.
- Perform daily pre-operational and operational plant inspections.
- Perform sampling and testing for raw material, in process and finished product.
- Perform ATP, environmental and allergen swabbing to support plant operations.
- Perform testing for APC, mold and yeast, total solids, pH, viscosity, density and taste.
- Following, monitoring, and verifying compliance of laboratory SOPs and forms.
- Communicate raw material and product quality issues to upper chain of command.
- Creation of Certificate of Analysis (COA) for product release, utilize site ERP system (D365).
- Assist Quality Department/Team as a backup when they need support to continuously keep the production operations.
- Perform with operations, engineering and purchase department to resolve supplier quality issues with raw materials.
- Maintain working knowledge of all instruments used for routine and non-routine sample testing and troubleshooting.
- Conduct GMP and Glass/Brittle Plastic audits and inspections.
- Perform Gluten ELISA and lateral flow testing in the lab for compliance.
- Conduct timely root cause analysis and enforce improvements to process controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here are the things we think you need:
- Must be 18 years or older with the ability to read, write and speak English specific to work instructions including but not limited to safety purposes
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma required
- 2-4 years training and education in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, or related fields.
- A.S., A.A. or B.S. degree highly preferred.
- Prefer to have the following certifications: HACCP, PCQI, GFSI Standards (BRC), Internal Auditing, Better Process Control School Training and Aseptic Process-related training Certifications.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with all MS Office Suite programs
- Strong mathematics skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Excellent organization skills, and abilities to make decisions on quality issues.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force at times and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Ability to work in cold and hot environments (approximately 38F-80F degrees)
- Ability to be mobile in accomplishing tasks and or moving from one worksite (up to 1-mile range) to another this could include but not be limited to in-plant departments, (Shipping- Receiving, Production, etc.) and/or to Oatly’s 3rd party warehouse
- Ability to repeat motions that may include use of the wrists, hands and/or fingers, and standing or sitting for prolonged periods (average 8-12 hours)
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing 20 days paid vacation, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage for employee, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, and a start-up vibe with an established company history
- Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
- This job description is subject to change at any time
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.