Director of Small Format - US
Chicago, IL /
Sales – Foodservice /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come to work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Director of Small Format to join our team. This role will be responsible for driving distribution and sales with enthusiasm and passion for Oatly’s purpose, mission, and values. Reporting to the VP of Foodservice/Small Format, the position exists to drive sales, build market share, and increase brand awareness while establishing long-term relationships with distributors, brokers, and key customers within the convenience and retail drug channels.
All qualified applicants must reside in Eastern Standard Time or Central Standard Time due to business needs.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Partner with the channel vice president, their peers and teammates to build out, implement, and drive our small format sales strategy across the United States
- Build strong and credible relationships with major headquarter accounts, distributors, and brokers
- Leverage broker relationships to build and execute annual plans within all segments of the small format channel
- Direct the annual planning in the geography for all business related to general small format distribution as well as strategic channel retail partners
- Evaluate short-term and long-term goals to ensure sales resources are utilized to deliver against the overall company strategy
- Directly manage regional customers and coordinate the management of all other accounts
- Develop and support existing team members, as well as hire, train, and support new team members as the channel grows
Here are the things we think you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in practical experience
- Minimum of 5+ years in small format channel with team leadership a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- General understanding of the national c-store and retail drug landscape
- Experience with HQ sales at major convenience and retail drug partners
- General understanding of DSD networks and their go-to-market strategies
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and positive
- Passion for relationship building across the team as well as external broker partners, buyers, and distributors
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, while thriving in a remote environment
- 30% - 50% travel requirements
- Problem-solving skills and desire to bring creative solutions to business opportunities
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.