Accounting Analyst – Accounts Receivable
New York, NY /
Finance – Accounting /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come to work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do.
Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like to work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for an Accounting Analyst – Accounts Receivable to join our team. This role will be responsible for playing a key role on the Accounts Receivable team during an exciting period of high growth and process transformation. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a fast-paced, extremely successful, high-energy company.
Due to business needs, all qualified candidates must reside in Eastern or Central Standard Time zones.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Ensure deductions are properly reconciled to the correct customers, retailers, expense category, promotion etc.
- Obtain and organize supporting documentation from each deduction taken
- Perform in-depth analysis of all deductions received to validate that the deduction taken is in accordance with agreed upon terms and that the amount taken is accurate; maintain clear and detailed records of validation procedures performed
- Dispute invalid deductions with external customers to receive repayment; maintain strong customer relationships to ensure timely resolution.
- Cash application of customer payments
- Process credit applications to establish terms for new and existing customers
- Maintain customer files and accounting documentation
- Maintain and monitor accurate AR aging reports
- Reconcile customer accounts, including verifying the application of payments to ensure the accuracy of customer balances
- Lead the team to ensure timely collection of payments including accessing customer portals to research, communicate, and acquire status
- Partner with FP&A and sales team to gain a deep understanding of Oatly's customers and trade promotion deal activity and customer allowances.
- Work with the broader accounting team to connect and streamline processes and ensure timely and accurate recognition of deduction expense/liabilities
- Prepare journal entries and assist with the preparation monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with month end close procedures
- Create and analyze various reports as requested
Here are the things we think you need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in practical experience
- Either 2 – 4 years’ accounts receivable experience with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or 7+ years of experience in accounts receivable with post high school accounting coursework
- Experience with full-cycle accounts receivable process
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, presence, and interpersonal skills
- Able and willing to communicate effectively with various internal and external customers
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookup, and other functions/formulas)
- Accurate and timely data entry skills with strong attention to detail
- Detailed-oriented self-started with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to multitask and jump in to assist the team when critical
- Strong work ethic and a can-do positive attitude
- EDI (electronic data interchange) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 experience is a plus!
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing 20 days of paid vacation for starters, really great benefits with 100% medical coverage, a dog-friendly office space, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.