Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Ogden, UT /
Plant Processing – Maintenance /
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Did you know we also have amazing benefits? We wrote this list with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us…
- $750 sign on bonus (paid out after a 60-day introductory period)
- 20 days paid vacation
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 8 paid holidays
- Parental leave (Bonding) policy (available after 1 year if service) 20 weeks paid
- Healthcare is available the first day you start- no waiting period!
- 100% paid medical, vision & dental coverage for employee
- 100% paid vision & dental coverage for employee’s spouse and family
- Ability to participate in the long-term incentive plan
- Genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed
Joining our team here and now is especially exciting as our plant in Ogden is the first full production (think from oat to carton) facility Oatly has built in the United States. Totally oatsome, right?
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Night Shift Maintenance Technician to join our team. This role will be responsible for performing maintenance for a food manufacturing operation. This person is responsible to aid or take sole responsibility of machine troubleshooting and repairing problems.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Execute preventive and corrective maintenance
- Manage relationships with maintenance/technical contractors and other service providers
- Carry out necessary logistics work, including receive of goods, preparation of goods for upcoming production orders and loading of bulk product for shipment to co-packers
- Ensure that Food Safety, GMP’s and safety policies are complied with.
- Perform mechanic skills including but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting for the repair and maintenance of production equipment
- Install, startup and shutdown equipment in accordance with company safety policies and OSHA requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Here are the things we think you need:
- Must be 18 years or older with the ability to read, write and speak English specific to work instructions including but not limited to safety purposes
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma required
- 2+ years of relevant experience in mechanical and automation field
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical components such as (but not limited to) VFD’s motor starters, temperature sensors, etc.
- Willingness to participate in a team environment
- Experience on Quality testing
- Project management competence
- Industrial electrical up to 480 VAC (Voltage Amperage)
- Knowledge of LEAN/Six sigma
- Controls & instrumentations
- PLC/(Product Life Cycle) software &hardware experience
- Pneumatics & Hydraulic experience
- BRC/HACCP, Environment, Sustainability
- Social competence and ability to establish sound relationships with others
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Familiar with boilers, air compressors, ammonia and chiller systems, HVAC (Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.