Technical Product Owner
Who Are We?
Obol Labs is a remote-first research and software development team focused on Proof of Stake infrastructure for public blockchain networks. Specific topics of focus are Internet Bonds, Distributed Validator Technology, and Multi-Operator Validation. The core team includes 28 members spread across +12 countries.
The core team is building the Obol Network, a protocol to foster trust-minimized staking through multi-operator validation. This will enable low-trust access to Ethereum staking yield, which can be used as a core building block in various Web3 products.
The network can be best visualized as a work layer that sits directly on top of the base layer consensus. This work layer is designed to provide the base layer with more resiliency and decentralization as it scales. In this chapter of Ethereum, we will move on to the next great scaling challenge, which is stake centralization. Layers like Obol are critical to the long-term viability and resiliency of public networks, especially networks like Ethereum.
Obol as a layer is focused on scaling main chain staking by providing permissionless access to Distributed Validators. The network utilizes a middleware implementation of Distributed Validator Technology (DVT), to enable the operation of distributed validator clusters that can preserve validators' current client and remote signing configurations.
Similar to how roll-up technology laid the foundation for L2 scaling implementations, we believe DVT will do the same for scaling the consensus layer while preserving decentralization. Staking infrastructure is entering its protocol phase of evolution, which must include trust-minimized staking networks that can be plugged into at scale. We believe DVT will evolve into a widely used primitive and will ensure the security, resiliency, and decentralization of public networks.
The Obol Network develops and maintains four core public goods that will eventually work together through circular economics:
The DV Launchpad, a User Interface for bootstrapping and managing Distributed Validators
Charon, a middleware Golang client that enables validators to run in a fault-tolerant, distributed manner
Obol Managers, a set of solidity libraries for the formation of Distributed Validators tailored to different use cases such as DeFi, Liquid Staking, and Fractionalized Deposits
Obol Testnets, a set of ongoing public incentivized testnets that enable any sized operator to test their deployment before serving for the Ethereum Main net
Sustainable Public Goods
Obol is inspired by previous work on Ethereum public goods and experimenting with circular economics. We believe that to unlock innovation in staking use cases, a credibly neutral layer must exist for innovation to flow and evolve vertically. Without this layer, highly available uptime will continue to be a moat.
The Obol Network will become an open, community-governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Together we will incentivize, build, and maintain distributed validator technology that makes public networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
In our structure, Product Owner (PO) bridges the gap between cross-functional teams and the overarching business strategy.
- Lead the full product development cycle of your squad from concept to launch.
- Coordinate with other teams to align product strategies with company goals.
- Translate product needs into user stories and design guidelines.
- Guide the development team alongside the scrum master, ensuring timely delivery of product enhancements.
- Foster an agile and collaborative environment, promoting innovation and best practices.
- Backlog Management: Prioritizes features, enhancements, and fixes for our project.
- Requirements: Transforms high-level needs into detailed and tailored user stories.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborates with teams like UX/UI design, marketing, analytics, and sales to align product strategy.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Partners with teams across departments to ensure cohesive product development.
- Review: Assesses completed tasks against standards and user-centric design principles.
- Release Decisions: Determines the rollout of features and updates to maximize user engagement.
- Feedback Loop: Regularly collects insights from users and cross-functional teams to optimize the product.
- Alignment with Strategy: Ensures the product direction matches the company's business objectives.
- ROI: Strives to maximize the business value derived from product initiatives.
- 5+ years as a Product Owner; or similar roles.
- Experience in blockchain or a related field is a plus.
- Proven leadership with a track record of delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Experience with blockchain solutions or DApps is favored.
- Fluent in English with effective communication abilities.
- Skilled at working with international, remote teams across various time zones.
- Innovative, self-starter attitude with a readiness to lead and own projects.
Nice to have
- Technical knowledge in software engineering; Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field is beneficial.
- Working with us means collaborating with the top minds of the ETH ecosystem!
- We are a fully remote working company with flexible hours (Work from any place in the world)
- Meet the team in our Annual offsite
- Attend Crypto and staking conferences
- Life balance: We have unlimited paid time off
- Budget for equipment
- Training budget
We look forward to reviewing your applications and welcoming onboard the exceptional minds that will drive our network's decentralization.
Thank you for your interest. Looking forward to building amazing stuff together!