QA Distributed Systems Test Engineer
Who Are We?
Obol is a remote first research and software development team focused on building decentralized software for public proof of stake blockchain networks. Over the past 12 months we have been building a community of strategic supporters across the entire stack to enable more resilient and distributed staking infrastructure on public blockchain networks through the Shared Secret Validator (SSV) effort, initiated by the Ethereum Foundation.
SSV is a powerful infrastructure primitive that can be used in a variety of configurations and implemented on almost any public blockchain network. The primitive has been researched and designed to improve resiliency and security at the validator client and beacon node level of the Ethereum stack, mitigating risks such as crash faults, key theft, and slashing risk. This is achieved by splitting a validator key across multiple independently operating instances and utilizing threshold signatures to perform validation duties (think: a multi-sig validator).
Obol is currently focused on utilizing the SSV primitive as a building block to develop a trust-minimized staking protocol. We believe that this primitive is most useful at the lower layers of the blockchain stack and should be deployed to main net with an architecture that enables it to be built on top of, accelerating vertical innovation in staking products, similar to the way roll-up technologies have evolved over the past few years.
Our mission is to increase the security and resiliency of public blockchain networks by evolving the SSV primitive to become a sustainable public good accessible by developers and validators all over the world.
The Obol protocol will become an open, community governed, self-sustaining project over the coming months and years. Its participants will be responsible for the security and distribution of consensus finding on the world's most used public blockchain networks. Together we will incentivize, buidl, and maintain distributed technology that makes public proof of stake networks a more secure and resilient foundation to build on top of.
QA Distributed Systems Test Engineer - Obol Core Team
Test Engineers are recognized experts in multiple testing domains relevant to Obol, and specialize in delivering reliable software for billion dollar production systems. This role is responsible for driving the testing of the Obol SSV implementation(s), including creating testing plans and test related infrastructure (both for internal and public testing.) and building a test driven development culture across the Engineering department. Test Engineers are expected to provide feedback and expert opinion to Obol founders and stakeholders on the resilience and reliability of Obol Software.
- Work with the Dev Ops team to build a robust test infrastructure for the SSV client
- Work with the Solidity team to build robust test infrastructure for solidity contracts
- Create a cloud testing environment for Obol clusters capable of simulating real network conditions and degradations
- Generate performance testing results for Obol clusters to share with key stakeholders
- Work with Architects on Obol software design to improve performance related outcomes
- Manage internal and external Obol test networks and their associated data collection
What will you like about us?
- Developing open source public goods for permissionless networks
- Solving groundbreaking problems in distributed cryptography and cryptoeconomics
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Twice annual Global Off-sites
- Annual opportunity to attend DevCon (or a blockchain conference of choice)
- Opportunity to collaborate with industry leading cryptography researchers and advisors
- Opportunity to collaborate with industry leading validators
- Opportunity to collaborate with Ethereum core client teams