Software Development Engineer II (Backend)
R&D –  Engineering /
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
As a Software Development Engineer 2, you will be working in a fast-paced and agile work environment delivering quality and scalable solutions that have an immediate business impact. You will be contributing independently as well as with the team on a variety of projects and features.
This role gives you the opportunity to think outside the box and be creative. At the end of the day, you will be writing performant code and will be collaborating with product, engineering, and design leaders to ensure that only are we solving the problem in the right way, but that we are solving the right problem as well.
What you’ll do day to day as a Software Development Engineer II (Backend)
- Work with the team to define the technical stack and own it
- Work with the product team to understand the product roadmap and define the technical roadmap
- Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implement security and data protection
- Design and implement data storage solutions
- Build and scale data pipeline
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science with 3-5 years of experience in building large-scale products
- Expertise in Java and Spring or other relevant frameworks
- Knowledge of container management tools (docker-swarm, Kubernetes) is a plus. An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Good knowledge in at least one of the SQL or no-SQL databases: Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis
- Good knowledge in queue (rabbitmq, Kafka, etc), cache(ehcache, Memcache)
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
About the Team
The team consists of sharp engineers with 8-12 years of experience. A couple of engineers have been with the company for more than 2 years and have been part of this great journey where the company and systems have evolved dramatically. Love for a fast-paced working environment along with a focus on quality and healthy competition has been a distinct quality of our engineers.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.