Technical Support Engineer III
Customer Support & Implementation –  Customer Support /
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
As a Technical Support Engineer III at Observe.AI, you will help create a world-class customer experience for our customers which in turn will make them raving fans of the product. Through your technical expertise and experience, you will help drive a “customer first” mindset with every customer interaction. You will prioritise customer requests using our ticket system (Zendesk) and will take the lead in creating customer-facing documentation (Zendesk Guide) striving to deflect tickets through proactive knowledge articles. You will use your proficiency in customer service and technical acumen to ensure high-level objectives and KPIs are met. You will also be an active participant in our bottoms-up culture, participating in project planning and scoping best practices for the team.
You thrive in ambiguity and enjoy solving challenges that haven’t been solved before, bringing your customer love attitude to Observe.AI. We’re on a rocketship; be ready to roll up your sleeves and build something lasting and great!
What you’ll do day to day as a Technical Support Engineer III
- Provide efficient and accurate technical support for Observe.AI’s product to ensure customer satisfaction
- Improve deflection rate of engineering-based escalations by increasing support technical acumen and owning engineering tasks over time
- Become the liaison with Engineering to escalate bugs, outages, and product requests
- Collaborate with Customer Success, Onboarding, and Product to drive outstanding customer experience
- Analyse where users are getting stuck and provide potential workarounds + KB articles
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve team processes
- Provide support for integrations including Telephony Platform, Web Conferencing, API, Salesforce, and other 3rd party integrations
- Driving a “customer first” mindset to the team and collaborators
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment
- Mentor L2 Support agents, Write and review technical documents (Knowledge, Support Plans, Technical Advisory Bulletins) for internal and public use, Leverage opportunities for continuing education
- Experience with Engineering apps: AWS, MongoDB, Loggly, Azure, GCP, New Relic, BitBucket, Github, Jenkins
- Make improvements to existing product documentation and assist in the development of internal as well as customer training materials
- Provide escalated ticket/incident management supported applications as well as will participate in defect management, issue tracking/trending
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal teams, including professional services consultants, product management, engineers, and support staff
- Support complex issues, troubleshoot problems within various internal and external customers, and configure and maintain software platforms within production environments
- Work closely with other Systems Analysts, Developers, Testers and Project Managers to improve customer satisfaction
What you’ll bring to the role
- 7+ year as a Technical Support Engineer on a B2B SaaS Support team
- 5+ years experience in SaaS Customer Success, Support, or Services
- Working technical knowledge of SaaS applications, cloud integrations, and architecture
- Experience with Customer Support tech stack (i.e. Zendesk, Freshdesk, PagerDuty, OpsGenie, Atlassian StatusPage, JIRA, Confluence, GetFeedback)
- The ability to prioritise multiple tasks and projects simultaneously while still executing on high-level objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of demonstrated ability to dive into the weeds and find out solutions
Bonus if you have
- Technical support experience with Dialer/Telephony/Web Conferencing platforms such as Outreach, Dialpad, Genesys, 8x8, TalkDesk, 3CLogic and Five9
- You understand the CCaaS industry and how to balance contact center practices with modern technology (Bonus points if you know what a BPO vs a Reseller is!)
- Industry certifications a plus
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.