Machine Learning Scientist
Machine Learning – ML Team /
Observe.AI, a leader in Contact Center AI, transforms customer experiences and improves agent performance by helping top brands analyze 100% of calls and streamline quality assurance workflows. With Observe.AI, businesses transcribe every call with high accuracy and coach agents while gaining full visibility into their customer service operations. Observe.AI brings the power of agent assistance, automatic speech recognition, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to modern contact centers and their frontline teams.
Founded by Swapnil Jain, Akash Singh, and Sharath Keshava Narayana in 2017, Observe.AI is led with action and innovation, a customer first mindset, and a culture of transparency.
Observe.AI is trusted by more than 150 customers and partners, including Root Insurance, Alcon Laboratories, TripAdvisor, and Pearson. Backed by Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator, Observe.AI’s headquarters is in San Francisco with an office in Bangalore, India.
We are looking for talented and driven individuals to join a high-impact team at the core of Observe.AI's mission. This is a highly challenging role that will engage your understanding of Machine learning and Deep learning algorithms; to build a never-before-seen machine intelligence product. The role will involve designing components & building ML pipelines from scratch, architecting low latency systems at scale. If you are excited about; owning & building a next generation Conversational AI platform and working on core algorithms, right from training to production, you’ll love the job!
Below mentioned are the key responsibilities and qualifications for this role:
What you will do:
● Architect and build Observe.AI Voice & NLP platform
● Work with large data-sets and train ML or Deep learning models
● Prototype and experiment with various ML and Deep learning techniques for performance and scalability
● Up-to-date with Deep learning literature and research publications in order to evaluate and implement latest techniques into Observe.AI Voice & NLP platform
● Propose new ML or Deep learning methods for some of the NLP/speech problems and submit research publications to the leading conferences
What we are looking for:
● Strong fundamentals in Mathematics (esp. Linear algebra), Statistics, Machine learning, Natural language processing, Speech processing
● Alumnus with advanced degrees (Masters or Ph.D ) in the above mentioned fields from IITs or other leading Foreign universities are preferable
● Proficient in Deep learning theories such as CNNs, RNNs (LSTM), Attention models, Transformers
● 8+ years of research experiences in Natural language processing or Nature language understanding (e.g. Text
classification, Sentiment analysis, Entity recognizer, Dialog systems) or Speech processing (e.g. Speech recognition,
Speaker diarization & verification, Text-to-speech)
● 3+ years of experience in applying Deep Learning algorithms in solving AI problems
● Research publications in NLP or Speech technology conferences (ICASSP, InterSpeech, EMNLP, ACL)
● Hands on experience with natural language and speech processing tools such as: NLTK, CoreNLP, ESPNet, and Kaldi
● Experience with ML and deep learning libraries such as: Scikit Learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch
● Demonstrable proficiency in Python, Shell scripting and C/Java
If you are ambitious, make an impact wherever you go, and you're ready to shape the future of Voice AI, we encourage you to apply. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
With the spread of COVID-10 globally, Observe.AI’s offices will remain closed until further notice. Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. All Observe.AI employees are currently working from home through the end of 2020.
For more details please visit