Software Development Engineer IV (Backend)
R&D –  Engineering /
Observe.AI is the fastest way to boost contact center performance with live conversation intelligence. Built on the most accurate AI engine in the industry, Observe.AI uncovers insights from 100% of customer interactions and maximizes frontline team performance through coaching and end-to-end workflow automation. With Observe.AI, companies can act faster with real-time insights and guidance to improve performance, from more sales to higher retention.
Observe.AI is trusted by hundreds of customers and partners, including Pearson, Accolade, Group 1 Automotive, Southeast Trans, and Public Storage. Our recent $125 million Series C led by Softbank Vision Fund 2 with participation from Zoom Video Communications, Inc., brings our total funding to date to $213M, with investments from Menlo Ventures, Next47, NGP Capital, Emergent Ventures, Scale Ventures, Nexus Ventures, and Y-Combinator. For more information, visit www.observe.ai.
We are seeking a talented and ambitious senior engineer for the role of Software Development Engineer 4 (SDE 4) at Observe AI. In this role, you would develop systems around cloud platforms capable of processing millions of call recordings daily, using the latest cloud computing technologies. Working alongside a team of top technical experts, you'll devise a roadmap and implement solutions to build a scalable, secure, and multi-tenant platform.
What you’ll do day to day as a Software Development Engineer IV
- Lead the design and development of complex software systems using modern software development practices and technologies.
- Mentor and coach other engineers, promoting a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and deliver high-quality software products and services.
- Define and implement software architecture and design patterns that enable scalable and maintainable software systems.
- Develop technical strategies and roadmaps to drive the evolution of our software platforms and systems.
- Contribute towards cross-team initiatives, and share knowledge and best practices with the broader organization.
- Drive innovation and experimentation, identifying new opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Build model reusable code and design/facilitate libraries for future useCollaborate with the product team to understand and refine the product roadmap, while taking ownership of the technical roadmap definition.
What you’ll bring to the role
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on large-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages, such as Java, Python, etc.
- Proven experience in software architecture and design, with a deep understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Experience leading and mentoring teams of engineers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with a track record of working effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a passion for solving complex technical challenges.
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS.
- Knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).Familiarity with data stores, including at least one of the following: Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, and Redis.
- Knowledge of queueing systems (e.g. SQS, Kafka) and caching systems (e.g. Ehcache, Memcache).
- Up-to-date knowledge of evolving technologies and the ability to guide the team toward evaluating and adopting cutting-edge technologies.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment.
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
Excellent medical insurance options and free online doctor consultations
Yearly privilege and sick leaves as per Karnataka S&E Act
Generous holidays (National and Festive) recognition and parental leave policies
Learning & Development fund to support your continuous learning journey and professional development
Fun events to build culture across the organization
Flexible benefit plans for tax exemptions (i.e. Meal card, PF, etc.)
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging
Observe.AI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Observe AI does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Observe.AI also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
We welcome all people. We celebrate diversity of all kinds and are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We seek to hire, develop, and retain talented people from all backgrounds. Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.