Senior Software Engineer
ObserveIT is the world’s first people focused cybersecurity company. We call ourselves a startup with a head start with 1,800+ customers and growing at more than 50%+ y-o-y. We’re proud to be ranked #2 in best places to work in Boston by the Boston Business Journal.
ObserveIT’s insider threat monitoring solution is easy to deploy and provides customers with the ability to quickly detect risky behavior, streamline the investigation process and prevent data loss. Our customers include large enterprises such as Starbucks, The Coca-Cola Company, AIG, Cigna, Microsoft, and IBM as well as a growing number of mid-market organizations. We have outstanding financial and operational support from Bain Capital Ventures.
ObserveIT is looking for a hands-on engineer who enjoys learning and adopting new technologies with an in-depth understanding of distributed systems and design patterns. You will join a team of talented engineers and make an immediate impact by building scalable, next-generation big data cybersecurity solutions.
- Using a microservices architecture approach, build and implement ObserveIT's SaaS-based cybersecurity solution.
- Use a mixture of Node.JS, Golang, Java, Docker, NoSQL databases, RabbitMQ, Kafka, AWS, etc. to design and develop REST APIs.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum team to create scalable and robust big-data solutions for our brand new cloud product, hosted on AWS.
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience building and developing SaaS based products.
- Experience with each of the following required: Java OR NodeJS, AWS, non-relational databases (CouchDB, MongoDB, or DynamoDB), and microservices/ distributed systems design.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
Nice to haves:
- Experience using messaging and caching frameworks such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Redis.
Job Type: Full-time
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.