Senior Data Engineer
Research & Development
At Obsidian, machine learning and analysis are at the core of our business. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be part of a highly visible, agile team within the Data Science Group working on critical problems that directly affect the company’s success. The Data Engineer role provides a unique opportunity to work across many functions of our growing business including data science, engineering, and product.
Obsidian is seeking a Data Engineer to build, maintain, monitor, and improve a real time scalable, fault tolerant, data processing pipeline. You will help productize machine learning algorithms for a our early stage cloud-based, multi-tenant SaaS product. This expert engineer will be expected to have both deep technical skills in data architecture, big data, as well as leadership and organizational skills.
Who You Are:
- You’re an engineer who is experienced designing, implementing and supporting new data processing, data sets and systems to support various advanced analytics needs from multiple sources.
- You enjoy solving large-scale problems and are comfortable doing incremental quality work while building brand new systems to enable future quality improvements.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Obsidian, including designing distributed systems, writing production code, conducting code reviews and working alongside our infrastructure and reliability teams.
- Work in a big data ecosystem to develop and maintain an analytics pipeline for acquisition, storage, and processing data types of interest to feed real-time artificial intelligent system behaviors.
- Develop or implement tools to support analyst-driven machine learning analyses.
- Support and build well-engineered data systems to support analytical needs for cloud based systems (AWS) and deliver data via APIs
- Collaborate with the existing engineering team, data scientists, analysts and the business to understand requirements and data needs and definitions.
- BS/MS Computer Science or a highly quantitative discipline (MS Degree preferred)
- Ability with the following programming languages: Scala, Python, R
- Extensive experience with the following software packages: SQL, NoSQL, Apache products (Spark, Hive, Airflow, Hadoop, etc.) and graph databases
- Familiarity with DevOps and AWS (S3, EMR, EC2 are a must)
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud service with a large numbers of end users.
- Cybersecurity experience is a plus
If you enjoy the sunshine and beautiful beaches of Southern California, come join our team in Newport Beach. If you really can't deal with that much sunshine, we understand that rock stars are everywhere and are happy to discuss a remote role for you.
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.