Senior Quality Engineer
Newport Beach, CA
Obsidian Security is building a SaaS solution that uses data science and deep expertise in security to revolutionize how organizations combat cyber threats across hybrid-cloud environments. As Obsidian’s Test Lead, you will have the unique opportunity to help define our QA strategy and build our infrastructure and processes from the ground up.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have several years relevant experience and the battle scars to prove it. You’ll need to be a developer first and foremost, and be a tireless and passionate advocate for automated QA infrastructure. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and do it yourself.
- The Sr. Quality Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing automated and manual testing solutions based upon business requirements and processes that are defined in workflows and use cases.
- In addition will help oversee all platform software testing, recommend new processes, software and/or systems to improve internal information systems efficiency.
- Act as the subject matter expert for testing activities
- Designs and implements automated testing solutions, frameworks, and test cases
- Develops automated testing solutions for RESTFul API services
- Develops automated testing solutions for web applications in Selenium
- Assist in the development of the CI/CD pipeline
- Assist software developers in isolating and resolving software defects
- Assist DevOps in defining testing environments
- Assist in the maintenance of the QE test environment, databases, and other related components
- Lead QE testing activities
- Mentors junior Quality Engineers
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 7+ years QA experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to debug complex technical issues
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle and QA processes
- Experience designing automation frameworks
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience in documenting test cases and developing test plans
- Experience with Linux and Mac OS X operating systems
- Experience in testing distributed applications
- Experience in testing RESTFul APIs
- Experience in testing with large data applications
- Experience in testing relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in working with container technologies, such as, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in working with cloud technologies, such as, AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Experience with modern quality tools, Jira, Confluence, and test case management tools
- BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical related fields
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.