Software Engineer - Data
Newport Beach, CA /
Research & Development /
Obsidian delivers cloud detection and response for the enterprise. The company’s leadership team includes innovators from AWS, Carbon Black, Cylance, Demisto, Dome9, NYU, and VMware where they have delivered enterprise-grade products to thousands of customers.
We are based in Newport Beach, CA and are backed by Greylock Partners, Wing, and GV.
At Obsidian, machine learning and data analysis are at the core of our business. As a Software Engineer - Data, you will be part of a highly visible, agile team within the Machine Learning and Data Science Groups working on critical areas that directly affect the company’s success. The Software Engineer - Data role provides a unique opportunity to work across many functions of our growing business including data science, machine learning, engineering, and product.
Obsidian is seeking a detailed oriented Software Engineer - Data to buildout high quality products and data analytics.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the engineering life-cycle at Obsidian, with the primary responsibility of building data abstractions and data transformations that rest at the core of our product.
- You will be involved in a wide array of functions to build connectors and transformers.
- You will build features for machine learning models.
- Work in tandem with data science and data engineering teams to deploy high quality production code.
- Work in a big data ecosystem to develop and maintain an analytics pipeline for acquisition, storage, and processing data types of interest to feed real-time artificial intelligent system behaviors.
What's in it for you?
- Work for an innovative startup; working on data products that solve hard problems. Our founders have a successful industry track record of innovation and product delivery.
- You will be a key member of our data science group, consisting of people with a vast array of experience. Both in industry as well as academia.
- You will tackle a wide array of data analytics, which are a critical part of the analytics stack powering the product.
- You will gain exposure and expertise in various data science, big data, and cloud technologies.
- You are a strong, analytically inclined engineer who loves solving complex problems using data.
- You possess strong algorithmic skills.
- Have demonstrated experience working with data processing systems.
- BS/MS Computer Science or a highly quantitative discipline (MS Degree preferred).
- Extensive experience with Python and Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) in Python is required.
- 1-2 years of industry experience building high quality data products is a must.
- Experience with data processing frameworks such as: Spark and Airflow is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases is a strong plus.
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.
Please review our CCPA policies here.