Sr. Project Manager
Greater St. Louis Area
OCI builds and implements solutions to some of the world’s most complex problems. Having attracted and retained some of the greatest technical minds and inventors, we routinely produce elegant solutions that exceed customer expectations. We want people that care deeply about quality and consistently strive to be a great craftsperson (not just a hired gun). We architect robust, scalable web solutions and believe Java is one of the best integration options for building the glue.
Here, you will support clients and our teams to create leading-edge technical solutions that impact the world in a variety of ways. Projects leverage a variety of technologies and range from producing devices in the industrial internet of things space to developing trust using blockchain and support industries as varied as defense initiatives to online guitar lessons. Throughout, we consistently push the boundaries of technology and invent new ways of producing solutions. We need bright people who can creatively solve for today’s global challenges and concurrently provide a superior customer experience.
As a Sr. Project Manager, you will be responsible for delivering solutions that meet or exceed OCI customers’ needs. With a broad array of clients and technologies deployed globally, you will leverage your knowledge and skills to solve complex business challenges and produce results in a variety of technologies and customer situations.
We are looking for a talented individual who can represent OCI on the most complex assignments. You will interface with global clients to understand their business needs, report on solution status and collaborate as needed with a wide array of other technology teams and partners that provide various services.
Required Skills, Competencies, Experience
- Demonstrate strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills with a solid track record for developing internal and external relationships
- Extensive experience improving delivery quality, generally by identifying and mitigating risks and otherwise removing barriers that limit results and leveraging continual improvement practices
- Consistently exhibits servant leadership and process excellence as a means to create efficiency and significantly raise team performance
- Deep knowledge of current software development methodologies and best practices
- Demonstrated ability at learning complex technologies and technical environments and producing solutions in them
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a “can do” attitude & strong desire to succeed
- Great teammate who consistently provides above expectation customer service to others and contributes to a fun and friendly environment
- Candidates must meet or exceed all minimum criteria above.
Preferred Skills, Competencies, Experience
- Awareness of today’s technologies and how to build applications for scalability and resilience
- Experience as a consultant or working for a consulting company
- Flexibility and capability to contribute uniquely to the team in a variety of ways
- Experience in an agile environment
- Understanding of test-driven development concepts including unit testing frameworks and automated testing
- Mentored other project managers or business analysts
- Connected to a number of other St. Louis technology leaders
- Working knowledge of lean or six-sigma methodologies
- Experience or knowledge in other business disciplines such as management, marketing, accounting, legal
- No degree required, but minimum required criteria must be met and they are generally achieved through some combination of significant education and work experience.