Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
Greater St. Louis Area
Object Computing is a 25 yr old, family owned and operated, software engineering professional services organization, known for providing expert thought-leadership, and trusted software consulting and development services to clients around the globe.
We deliver distinguished software solutions in such areas as Industrial IOT, Machine Learning, Blockchain Solutions, and Cloud Engineering. We are a global open source provider and influencing member of the Object Management Group, developed and actively maintain 5 open source products including Micronaut, Grails, OpenDDS, TAO, and ACE.
We are rapidly growing and have a new career opportunity available. Apply today to enjoy competitive compensation, unmatched training opportunities, and a flexible working environment!
Relocation assistance is available.
- Broad experience in overall system design and implementation
- Advanced proficiency with a MVC framework, such as Spring
- Familiarity with Eclipse/IDEA, Maven, Spring Core, Spring Data, and Spring MVC
- Experience taking existing designs and translating them into websites that combine dynamic client sites and server side code
- Experience creating and consuming web services in XML and JSON
- Familiarity with databases like MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, MySQL, and PostgresSQL
- Proven experience designing persistence and caching models using both SQL and NoSQL
- Excellent debugging skills
Skills that will give you an edge:
- Practical experience working within a defined software development cycle; agile experience preferred
- Java experience with Multithreading, Annotations, Reflection, Collections, and Generics
- Framework experience with Hibernate, Thymeleaf, and Apache POI
- Experience building platforms that support multiple clients
- Experience with user interface design
- Master's degree preferred