Greater St. Louis Area
OCI is looking for engineers to build automated, scalable, and secure distributed systems infrastructure for our clients. The DevOps team is empowered to work closely with public cloud providers and open source projects to develop automation tools and processes. We are looking for engineers who want to work with leading edge technologies and on strategic projects where the mission is “Infrastructure as Code”.
The right candidate is capable of engaging directly with clients to listen and understand their needs. The candidate will be able to develop solutions or recommendations to demonstrate to clients and effectively describe how it may satisfy the business need.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Participate in infrastructure design, development, automated testing, performance analysis, and deployment efforts of the team.
- Perform code reviews to create more efficient, reusable and testable code.
- Develop consistent and clear API specifications for infrastructure services.
- Work closely with clients and third-party stakeholders to develop requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Communicate project status to team members and client stakeholders.
- Set a solid technical example, mentoring of less experienced team members.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- 4+ years of related work experience demonstrating increasing complexity and responsibility in a DevOps or Site Reliability position.
- Extensive knowledge and experiencing using cloud infrastructure and services.
- Extensive experience in Linux administration, usage, and shell scripting (Bash, Batch, Powershell).
- Experience using or implementing code deployment tools to create and control infrastructure as code.
- Experience using and implementing industry standard monitoring tools and technologies.
- Experience with version control systems, specifically GitStrong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- You take pride in delivering innovative value and increased capabilities to the market, being a true software craftsman and have a passion for using technology to innovate.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Experience developing within an Agile environment
- Usage of build tools such as Jenkins, Travis CI, CircleCI or similar to automate infrastructure as code
- Experience with CD tools such as Spinnaker or GoCDExpertise with Kubernetes, Docker and containerization or equivalent configuration management software
- Expertise with Go, Groovy, Bash, or other similar language
- Expertise with Cloudformation and/or Terraform desired
- Experience with cloud-native tools such as Stackdriver, Jaeger, Grafana, Prometheus, among others
- Experience with major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)Excellent understanding of NoSQL Databases Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related field
- 7 or more years’ experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing, and deploying commercial or custom application systems in a business environment