Software Engineer - Blockchain
Greater St. Louis Area
OCI (Object Computing, Inc) is growing its development team in St Louis, MO, and is searching for experienced Software Engineers for Blockchain related work who care deeply about quality, sharing knowledge, and building great products. We architect robust and scalable solutions across many technology stacks. ·
A quick sample of the types of projects you could be working on -
- A food quality tracking blockchain, used to record and validate assertions about quality food production, packaging, transport, and final use. It will for example, track a tomato from seed to salad. Perhaps at some point a restaurant or supermarket could include a QR code on menu or food label which enables you to use your phone to verify that indeed the ingredients of your meal were produced within 100 miles of your location, etc.
- A new generation of high-performance blockchain focused on optimized smart contract execution. This blockchain is anticipating handling 10^5 - 10^6 transactions per second.
- A crowd funding blockchain. Smart contracts manage the collection of investor funds and the payment of dividends over time.
- A social-interaction blockchain that replaces blog posts with predictive assertions in the sporting event space. These predictions could be used by bettors and bookmakers, but this platform will not support direct gambling. Bettors could use this information to make bets based on this information.
- And many more!
The ideal candidate will have
- Familiarity with Unix, Linux, or macOS, including command line
- Experience with git
- Experience with Docker to download and run images; configuration of images is a plus
- General understanding of blockchain concepts is a plus
- Understanding of EOSIO is a strong plus
- Experience with other blockchain platforms (e.g., Ethereum) is not required
- 5+ years’ C++ development experience
- Experience with testing using Python scripts is a plus
We are proud of the culture at OCI where personal growth and sharing of knowledge is integral. Let us know if you are interested in joining our experienced and growing team.