Head of Engineering
San Francisco | Remote /
Core Engineering /
If you love to build teams that ship developer tools, then this role is for you!
You will be part of the leadership team at Ockam. We currently have about eleven people on The Team. We just raised a Series A and will double the team's headcount to 30 in 2022-3. You will be instrumental in fueling our talent growth.
You will work across Product, GTM, and Engineering IC’s, to manage Ockam’s OKR and engineering deliverables. Your entrepreneurial and team building skills will also be challenged as the first person on our team in this type of role - you will help to shape the engineering structure of our team from the ground up.
At Ockam we have a philosophy of building a high performing team. This means that we align individuals to roles that align with their world class skills, and empower their growth potential. You will learn a lot from our diverse team, and will be trusted to empower others.
You will need Sr. Engineer skills to excel in this role. The entire Ockam team is deeply technical, so your ability to pull knowledge from across the team is important. We don’t expect you to know more than everyone else on the team, but you should be able to engage in thoughtful, respectful, and deeply technical discussions with anyone on the team.
- Shipping open source developer tools.
- Managing teams of at least 10 people.
- Hiring 'A players' from diverse backgrounds.
- Team leader that coaches teammates with a growth mindset.
- Distributed, Remote-First team management.
- Creating and forecasting OKR deliverables.
- API design principles.
- Writing code in multiple programming languages.
- GitHub operations / management in an open source environment.
- Management of Issues, PRs and syncing with internal roadmaps and OKRs.
- Director/ VP / Head of Engineering at an open source, cloud infrastructure, or developer tools company.
- For more information about Role Levels at Ockam, [click here for our guide]
You will be working directly with Ockam's CEO and CTO on a daily basis.
You must be a US Resident, but can work from anywhere.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.