Head of Developer Experience
San Francisco | Remote /
Developer Experience /
Ockam's Head of Developer Experience will build our Product Management and Developer Relations practices from the ground up! You will build a team of 6-8 people over the course of your first 18 months in this role.
This is an exciting role where you will work directly with builders in enterprises, collaborators at Add-on partners, the broad open source community and the core Ockam engineering team.
Ideally you'd have prior expertise as a senior engineer building complex distributed systems - with a strong desire to jump into the Rust and open source ecosystem in earnest. This could also be a great role for someone that has taken a career path from engineering, to product management at an OSS dev tool company, and wants to take the next step into senior leadership.
You will work along side our CEO,CTO and Head of Engineering to help empower developers to build trusted systems of connected devices. You will work with users, write code, and help with how-to guides. This role is highly technical and very hands-on given the technical aspects of Ockam's product and the use cases we encounter.
- Product manager at an OSS dev tool company.
- Hiring, managing, and leading high performance teams.
- Managing partner and customer relationships.
- Organizing developer evangelism events, and activities.
- Open Source ecosystems and best practices.
- At least 10 years of developer experience
- Building technical demos in multiple languages
- Writing and curating technical documentation.
- Cloud environments and tools
- Git workflows
- Multiple programming languages
You will be working directly with Ockam's CEO and CTO on a daily basis.
We require that you live in the Mountain or Pacific US timezones, and are a US citizen.
Ockam is a distributed, remote-first team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.