Software Architect - Distributed Systems
San Francisco / Remote
Ockam’s mission is to enable builders of the seamless connected future. We are builders who empower other builders to develop trustful IoT systems with our easy to use tools, methods, and protocols. We are building an open and thriving open source ecosystem to accrue ever increasing functionality for our users. Ockam is growing The Team to accelerate this mission. Read more about our Team ethos at https://www.ockam.io/posts/ockams-first-product-our-values
We are backed by a world class group of venture investors including Core Ventures, Future Ventures, Okta Ventures and others.
We are seeking a Distributed Systems Architect with expertise in fault tolerant algorithms (BFT would be great), high throughput real time messaging and streaming systems. Experience using Erlang or Elixir or similar actor model based languages. Experience with the core design of streaming systems like Kafka, Spark Steaming etc.
- Collaborate with the team with well communicated and documented processes
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development lifecycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Extensive engineering experience across multiple systems with 10+ years of experience.
- Comfort in switching between multiple programming languages.
Remote candidates are encouraged to apply. Ockam is a distributed, remote-first structured team with a headquarters in San Francisco California.