Analyst - Credit/Fraud/Research Analytics
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
You will be analyzing data on millions of customers across multiple asset classes to inform the development of analytical solutions that help financial services clients make high-quality decisions. Analyze internal and external data sources to conduct novel research, build indexes and benchmarks, and identify opportunities for clients.
- Work with analytical metrics and insights available across small business, personal loans, mortgage, and auto
- Create unique analytical research products, including market indexes and benchmarks
- Integrate and analyze external data sources and combine with Ocrolus data to produce novel insights
- Conduct retrospective and scenario-simulation exercises for clients to illustrate value of adopting Ocrolus analytics and models
- Work across multiple teams both within the company as well as with clients
- 3+ years experience in analytical roles, preferably in or around financial services
- Strong experience in data-centric programming, particularly in Python and/or R
- Top-notch SQL skills, ability to work with relatively complex relational data
- Experience in integrating and transforming data from multiple sources
- Ability to examine raw data and assemble a clear and compelling narrative
- Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written. Skilled in communicating complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail while keeping big-picture goals in place and making progress against objectives
- Intense curiosity about data, business problems, and everything in between. Able to deeply understand a problem and combine creative thinking and technical skill to solve it.
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!