Chief Technology Officer
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
We are seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to provide technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will coordinate technology development between engineering, product, operations, sales and marketing. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in machine learning, scalable platform architecture and SaaS based businesses. At the same time you still love to dive deep - have a zeal for coding and a hands-on attitude, which helps you to guide, mentor and support your team. If you are passionate about technology, have managed engineering teams in hyper-growth environments and thrive in a true meritocracy, we would love to meet you.
- Building and managing a team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers
- Constantly evaluate technology and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement
- Assist in defining technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact along with our VP of Engineering and Product leads
- Define, articulate, and execute engineering strategy from launch to scale
- Implement best practice coding methodologies and tools
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations
- Cultivate a high-performing, engineering-empowered culture
- Develop and manage data, engineering and product KPIs
- Communicate the company’s strategic and technical vision in public-facing settings
- 15+ years experience in technology, ideally including at least 5+ at CTO or equivalent level
- Experience managing teams of 50+ people, including a portion of whom have been remote
- Experience in or with Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Deep Learning, NLP, Platform Architecture, and / or Automation
- Experience with backend/platform engineering, scaling performance engineering, security
- Cloud-native development and devops/CI/CD (AWS)
- Experience at a VC-backed startup, ideally at the Series B stage or later
- Experience in a front-facing technology role- speaking to media, prospects, customers, investors (Board presentations), and potential acquirer
- Experience with fintech APIs, and or mobile development
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!