Director, Finance & Accounting
New York, NY
Ocrolus is a venture-backed fintech company that uses Artificial Intelligence and crowdsourcing to automate financial review processes. The Company transforms e-statements, scans, and cell phone images, regardless of quality, into 99+% accurate digital data. By replacing tedious, imperfect human audits with sharp, AI-driven analyses, Ocrolus modernizes financial assessments in lending and a variety of other industries. The company is in hypergrowth mode, having grown revenues 500%+ in 2018, and expecting to grow another 300-500% in 2019.
Series A investors include Bullpen Capital, QED Investors, Sam Hodges (Co-founder, FundingCircle), Vince Passione (CEO, LendKey), and Ram Ahluwalia (CEO, PeerIQ), among others.
We're looking for a finance operator to join our team. More than just a finance pro, you care about operational excellence across the firm, and you know how to glean actionable insights from metrics rooted in financials. You can easily support critical decision-making with either fast back-of-the-envelope analyses or more robust evaluations, depending on the context.
Our mission lights you up. You get that working at a growth stage company means your work runs beyond the edges of a job title.
- Own financial planning and reporting, supporting the CEO, investors, and department leads.
- Surface, analyze, and resolve complicated business problems (or opportunities) by supporting cross-org decision-making with data and principled analysis.
- Analyze and support sales and operations on a wide range of business opportunities including investments and other strategic options.
- Own financial operations for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and cash flow management - directly or via vendors. This may include selecting tools / software / packages.
- Manage / oversee monthly close process, including general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts.
- Assist in annual tax preparations and financial audit processes.
Financial Planning and Analysis
The Perfect Fit:
· You have 8-10 years of experience, which includes time in Investment Banking, Venture Capital or Private Equity.
· You've worked in an early stage startup - ideally fintech or financial services - and love the fast pace.
· You naturally use clean, clear communication when speaking and when writing.
· You can whip up a workable financial model faster than someone can finish explaining the question or the idea
· You love working under pressure on tight timelines to deliver models, analyses, and recommendations that will materially advance Ocrolus as a company
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!