Backend Engineer, Python
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Backend engineer who will help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications!
- Design and implement and maintain Microservices using Python hosted on AWS
- Design and develop cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
- Build systems, services and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation
- Support testing processes and troubleshooting issues and resolve them.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years engineering experienceExpertise in Python
- Strong experience in designing and architecting distributed services
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!