Sr. FP&A Analyst
Careers-India – Support Functions-India /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
The candidate will develop complex reports and models, provide high-end analysis, forecast different initiatives, and interact with other internal groups.
Budgeting and Financial Modeling
Work with the CEO, VP Finance, divisional management, and business leaders to develop and execute the annual budget for delivery to the Board of Directors
You will build new models and convert current reports using Power BI or other similar BI tool, as well as create dashboards for executive use.
Support Ocrolus's annual budgeting process, compensation planning, and monthly forecast review meetings with department heads
Assist in onboarding and maintaining Adaptive Insights or similar FP&A tool, with duties including updating headcount forecasts, developing new reports, training stakeholders, and reviewing our implementation to enhance forecasting accuracy and automation capabilities
Own and maintain corporate consolidated financial forecast including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statement as well as the rolling 13-week cash flow forecast
Budget vs. Actual Opex analysis throughout the organization with appropriate commentary and understanding of notable variances
Work closely with departments across the organization to understand changes in spend behavior in order to produce the most accurate Opex forecasts
Strategic Financial Analysis & Reporting
Participate & contribute to the company’s financial and strategic planning processes
Track and report on progress towards business goals and ensure accountability and transparency
Serve as a strategic partner with business leadership to tackle complex business problems and coming up with / implementing elegant scalable solutions to enable data-driven decisions
Develop a deep understanding of the financial impact and ROI of investments made by the organization
Deliver insight into our business metrics, highlighting key trends and providing high-level commentary for use by management
Analyze and validate variable expenses such as commissions, travel & expense, etc
Identify cost efficiencies and assist our team with financial analytics to support vendor negotiations and spend forecasts
Assist in the preparation of materials for the Board and executive team, including supporting analysis to contextualize performance
Sift through, clean, and analyze unstructured data, and provide ways to improve the underlying processes.
Monitor sales pipeline and organizational bookings, including conducting follow-up activity with sales organization and business leaders
Ensure financial management reporting systems and processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the business including the Accounting team in their preparation of the monthly financial statements and management reporting package and their review of divisional and client operating results with respective business leaders
Conduct ad hoc financial analyses and new initiative modeling as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Development, or Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience within FP&A or other finance functions, and experience developing reports and performing sophisticated data analysis
- Advanced financial modeling skills, from understanding and iterating on existing analyses to building out complex models from scratch
- Expert in Excel, and strong skills in Power BI or similar BI tool (Tableau etc.)
- Strong grasp of finance and accounting principles, including prior experience with budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Fluent in English and highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills - able to clearly distill and articulate complex concepts, getting to the core of an analysis, conclusion, and recommendation.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and conducting analyses across multiple data sources and systems
- Strong attention to detail, with a history of producing defensible and scalable analyses
- Thrives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent analytical, modeling, and problem solving skills, with an ability to understand key business and market issues driving financial results
- Quickbooks, NetSuite, Salesforce, PowerBI, SQL, and Google Sheets experience
- Strong understanding of how to best leverage PowerQuery to build efficient reporting processes
- Knowledge of SaaS and relevant industry metrics a plus
- Experience in Adaptive Insights or any other FP&A software tool
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!