Staff Data Platform SRE
India – Data /
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
Data Engineering at Ocrolus:
Ocrolus is a fast-growing company with many emerging data needs. We are establishing new platforms and capabilities for users both inside and outside of the company. We are building to support a wide variety of use cases with a high degree of engineering rigor as well as product agility. We value engineering excellence, automation, and testing and believe doing these things well will create more long-term value than simply shipping new features fast.
- Contribute as a Site Reliability Engineer to our Data Platform Team: Help ensure all engineers working on the data platform, or supported use cases, can build tests and ship high-quality software without excess toil.
- Build out our infrastructure and deployment automation using Continuous Delivery and Cloud-Native best practices.
- Help the Data Platform team build generalized automation for data processing: Data Producers & Consumers, instrumentation for dealing with schema evolution, and reprocessing data.
- Establish new patterns and architecture for building Data Pipelines, API's, and other Analytical Products
- Partner with our L1 support team to onboard the Data Platform to their support model. Help the Data Platform team establish an L2 support function that contributes to both availability of the platform and WLB for on-call engineers.
- Partner with engineering and analytics teams to ensure the success of platform use cases. Make it easy for them to adopt the data platform!
- Partner with Ocrolus' core SRE team on issues of access and integration with the broader Ocrolus' ecosystem and common services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7-12 years experience in cloud architecture / DevOps
- Must be able to code (Python preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep experience with infrastructure management tools (Terraform, Ansible, etc.)
- Significant container orchestration experience (K8s, Nomad, etc.)
- Extensive AWS(preferred) / GCP / Azure experience
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.