Frontend Technical Lead
New York, NY /
US – Engineering /
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Together, we can help customers eliminate manual data work and focus on the valuable, cerebral work they enjoy! Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Frontend Technical Lead with a solid technical background and leadership skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment and help architect and build the next generation of our frontend applications. Who equally relish the in the subtle interaction details that make products delightful and useful as well as the hard technical challenges involved in making a desktop-grade web application. We are looking for someone who is used to writing highly reusable code and thinking about how to create for performance and experience
- Design and Build frontend applications that are functional, beautiful, and reliable
- Design and Build applications which thrive under heavy customization and varying use cases, and that earn the trust of our users both internal and external
- Work directly with stake holders, Users, UX Designers and Product Managers to do user research and design optimized workflows and workflow solutions
- Create reusable and maintainable frontend systems and abstractions using modern practices
- Working within an agile product-driven cross functional team to create polished and effective front end applications.
- BS minimum/MS Preferred
- 7+ years Frontend development and 3+ years as a lead
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Experience collaborating closely with UX and Product Managers
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
- Have a design and UI/UX background (user research and analytics)
- Masters, PHD or other advanced degree in Computer science or related field
- Familiarity with Python, Java, TypeScript, React, Angular
- Experience with backend web frameworks Node/Express or Flask.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and gym reimbursement for physical well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!