Senior Product Manager (Mortgage SME)
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You are a hands-on Mortgage industry expert who will own the product strategy/roadmap and drive best practices for the Mortgage vertical at Ocrolus. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead the strategic positioning of products and solutions that drive client engagement, usage, and value proposition for current and future Mortgage industry partners. The ideal candidate has deep experience and understanding in the mortgage and underwriting industry either directly or indirectly and has led a lean agile team, Preferably in a high or hypergrowth startup environment.
- Deep understanding of underwriting requirements of the Mortgage industry
- Obtain and maintain a solid understanding of all Ocrolus solutions, and develop use case and product roadmap in relation to Mortgage's underwriting
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge Mortgage customer's requirements with company goals and coordinate various technical personnel during all project phases
- Review proposed modifications on product roadmap, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Develop KPIs, monitor progress continuously and report on milestones and deliverables
- Communicate proactively interdepartmentally
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Product leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Analytical mindset (Data driven decision making)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working as a Product Manager
- Minimum 4 years in the Mortgage industry, Directly or indirectly
- Underwriting experience either directly or indirectly within the Mortgage industry
- Proficiency with SQL
- Understanding of Machine Learning modules, DevOps
- Proficiency with at least one web development language, such as Java or Python
- Experience with the personal and small business lending markets
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!