Senior Technical Product Manager, Mortgage
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You are a hands-on, experienced Technical Product Manager and a mortgage industry expert who will own the product strategy and roadmap and drive best practices for the Mortgage product offering at Ocrolus. As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be the mortgage market expert and drive that understanding across engineering, data science, product management, and Ocrolus’s client-facing functions.
You will lead the product strategy for our mortgage offering, work with the engineering team to fulfill the product strategy, and drive client engagement, usage, and value proposition for current and future Mortgage industry partners.
The ideal candidate has deep technical experience and understanding in the mortgage origination and lending industry, either directly or indirectly. The candidate must have demonstrated results and success in a client-facing Product Management role, preferably in a high- or hypergrowth-startup environment.
- Align teams and functions at Ocrolus through a deep understanding of the Mortgage industry needs and requirements
- Obtain and maintain a solid understanding of all Ocrolus solutions as well and develop use case and product roadmap for Ocrolus's mortgage offering
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge Mortgage customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various technical personnel during all project phases
- Seek new market opportunities in the mortgage market by leveraging Ocrolus’s distinctive competencies in document processing and analysis
- Develop KPIs, monitor progress continuously and report on milestones and deliverables
- Proactively maintain client relationships and internal connections across roles and departments
- 5+ years functional experience in Product Management
- 2+ years domain experience working in/with the mortgage origination and lending industry (directly or indirectly)
- Experience with agile practices
- Demonstrated client and commercial focus
- Habit of leadership and influence across functions
- Strong technical background (either educational or practical work experience)
- Strong academic record and/or evidence of success in structured work environment.
- Ability to articulate complex problems to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Certified in Product Management, Agile Product Ownership, Agile Practice, or similar
- Experience with failure (e.g. product launch) and ability to course correct
- Familiarity with popular loan origination systems like Ellie Mae Encompass, and mortgage point-of-sale systems like Blend, Roostify, and/or SimpleNexus.
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!