Director of Credit Analytics
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Ocrolus is seeking a Director of Credit Analytics with a proven track record in developing risk models for loan underwriting. The ideal candidate has at least 10 years of experience in lending or lending services, with a focus on data science in small business and / or mortgage lending.
This role will be an exciting opportunity to create novel value from Ocrolus’ vast sets of cash-flow data. The Company is looking to find ways to help lenders, especially in small business and mortgage, to better price loan-level risk.
Candidates should be versed in market offerings for credit model products and services, with an eye on partnership opportunities. Candidates should also have the skills necessary to interface with clients and prospects in order to help define new opportunities.
- Learning about customers’ existing credit models
- Working directly with clients to conceive new opportunities
- Developing proprietary credit model for SMB lending
- Building new analytics based on data from loan-level documents
- Optimizing Ocrolus’ existing analytics
- Working closely with Data Science team on testing and implementation
- Identifying partnership opportunities for data synergy
- Leveraging Ocrolus’ wealth of data in cool new ways
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in STEM
- At least five years’ experience in data science roles for credit services
- Proficiency in statistics
- Experience building credit models
- Deep understanding of cash flow analytics and how they factor into risk scoring
- Familiarity with companies selling credit modeling data and services, both incumbents and disruptors
- Basic understanding of compliance with credit data regulation
- Understanding of machine learning techniques
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Masters’ Degree or higher in STEM
- Understanding of alternative credit data
- Deep understanding of the full lifecycle of loans, beyond just origination
- Proficiency in machine learning
- Experience in Product Management
- Experience in Business Development
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!