Senior Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY /
US – Engineering /
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We’re looking for a senior ML and AI Engineer who is an expert with backend technologies but can operate at full stack capacity if needed. We need someone with a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems using out-of-the-box thinking. You’ll be expected to:
- Build elegant solutions to challenges associated with analyzing financial documents
- Improve our verification platform and use machine learning and other techniques to automate and intelligently default crowd/user tasks
- Deploy new features on our core product and iterate on improvements
- Give and receive constructive code reviews
- Being a strong problem-solver with good communication and collaboration skills
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Be flexible, a self-starter, and a fast-learner
- Masters degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with a focus on Machine Learning and at least 3 years of related experience
- Strong background in deploying machine learning models in large scale production environments. Evidenced by relevant experience in one or more MLops specific areas: scalable systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop), active learning/ self-learning systems.
- Experience with computer vision and natural language processing in production environments.
- Significant experience with Python or Java
- PhD or published research in machine learning
- Active participation in ML meetups / professional groups
- Contributions to OSS / Github profile
- Experience with OCR engines
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.