Machine Learning Engineer
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We’re looking for a ML and AI Engineer who is an expert with backend technologies but can operate at full stack capacity if needed. We need someone with a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems using out-of-the-box thinking. You’ll be expected to:
- Build elegant solutions to challenges associated with analyzing financial documents
- Improve our verification platform and use machine learning and other techniques to automate and intelligently default crowd/user tasks
- Deploy new features on our core product and iterate on improvements
- Give and receive constructive code reviews
- Being a strong problem-solver with good communication and collaboration skills
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Be flexible, a self-starter, and a fast-learner
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, statistics or related quantitative discipline with a focus on Machine Learning/AI/Reinforcement learning or related areas with at least 3 years of experience
- Strong background in two or more of the following areas: machine learning/AI algorithms, computations/statistical learning theory, scalable systems (e.g. Spark, Hadoop), large scale data analysis, optimization, functional analysis and deep learning.
- Experience with computer vision/image processing techniques
- Contributions to OSS / Github profile
- Significant experience with Python or Java
- Experience with OCR engines
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!