Director of Data and Analytics
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You live in and love data! You have a background as a People Manager as well as a hands on Data Analyst, Data Scientist and/or Data Engineering. Your strengths include being a "subject matter expert" and "player coach" in all things Data, being strong in statistical analysis, and being skilled in analyzing & reporting. You have experience building revenue generating data products and bringing them to market. You strive to continuously improve, gleaming insights from data which you effectively communicate effecting growth and change throughout the business on all levels. You will be working with both internal and external stakeholders to provide the data the reports and data products that help bring Ocrolus to the next level.
- Managing a team of data analysts, data engineers, and data scientists
- Working with C level executives to define roadmaps and responsibilities of the Data Team
- Contribute to the design of the data ecosystem. This includes infrastructure, pipelines, warehousing, system integration, automation and tools selection
- Producing business reports through Tableau for internal client dashboards, providing internal self-service data extracts, and supporting external client reports and dashboards
- Defining data management and data catalog needs including master data management
- Taking initiative to solve problems and create new insights trends and products
- Being a problem-solver with good communication and collaboration skills
- Masters degree in relevant field; Statistics, Economics, Finance, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics etc required (PHD is a plus)
- At least 8 years of experience as a data scientist or similar position
- Experience as manager running a team, handling rapidly changing requirements in a dynamic setting
- Experience creating the technology and roadmap decisions for a data-centric organization or Team
- Excellent at communicating with everyone from entry level hires to C-suite executives
- Proficiency with Tableau, data visualization, reporting (Redash experience is a plus)
- Experienced hands on development in Python and open source tool kits (pandas, scikit, etc) to run data pipelines
- Experience in AWS including Redshift and Glue (Spark environments is a plus)
- Experience with relational databases, preferred Redshift and PostgreSQL (knowledge graphs a plus)
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!