Staff Data Platform Engineer
India – Data - India /
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Together, we can help customers eliminate manual data work and focus on the valuable, cerebral work they enjoy! Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
Data Engineering at Ocrolus:
Ocrolus is a fast-growing company with many emerging data needs. We are establishing new platforms and capabilities for users both inside and outside of the company. We are building to support a wide variety of use cases with a high degree of engineering rigor as well as product agility. We value engineering excellence, automation, and testing and believe doing these things well will create more long-term value than simply shipping new features fast.
- As a Staff level engineer, you will be expected to: align with multiple engineering teams and help them be successful in their work and to drive collaboration across the Data and Engineering organizations.
- Build, ship, and maintain production code
- Partner with our Data Platform team to improve the capabilities and technical rigor of our Streaming Data Platform
- Establish new patterns and architecture for building Data Pipelines, API’s, and other Analytical Products
- Partner with Product Engineering and Machine Learning teams to create new features, models, and products
- Partner with Compliance Officers and Security Engineers to ensure the data platform is secure and compliant with a range of security standards
- Mentor Data and Product Engineers in learning how to write high-quality computer code
- At least 7 years of experience as a Software Engineer (Platform or Product)
- At least 2 years working in a Senior Engineer role with a demonstrated record of leadership and solving hard problems
- Technical degree, ideally a graduate level. (Or comparable experience)
- Fluent in a range of languages, databases, and platforms. (Notably, we use Python, Java, Kafka, Postgres, Snowflake, Spark, Kube, Terraform, Helm, and Garden to build our stacks)
- We are looking for candidates that have demonstrated aptitude with technical strategy, continuous delivery, testing, and any other tradecraft that can ensure high-quality software and positive results for our engineering teams.
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and gym reimbursement for physical well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!