Senior Compliance Analyst
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We’re looking for a Senior Compliance Analyst to assist in building out a governance and control framework for a rapidly growing fintech startup. We are looking for a self-starter who will suggest and drive implementation of best practice solutions customized for Ocrolus fast-paced environment to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Design and implement a compliance monitoring program to ensure internal controls, company policies and contractual requirements are followed and executed consistently
- Monitor the status of compliance issues through completion and work with issue owners on remediation
- Continuously work with control owners on improvements to their processes and control improvements
- Analyze existing controls for improvement opportunities, especially related to efficiency, identifying opportunities for control and process automation
- Respond to due diligence questionnaires, including coordination with subject matter experts, building and continuously improving responses knowledge base
- Maintain company policies and compliance procedures, working with policy owners on updates, ensuring timely policy review
- Coordinate periodic risk assessment process
- Coordinate controls implementation and monitoring activities with teams in India to ensure control alignment and consistent monitoring across locations
- Internal and/or external audit, or compliance monitoring experience, preferably working for a large recognized public accounting or financial services company
- Experience implementing and testing controls across operations, technology, and other functions at the organization
- Working knowledge of privacy information security related best practices and standards such as AICPA SOC 2, ISO 2700x, CCPA, GDPR, as well as financial services specific regulations and guidance (such as GLBA, 23 NYCRR 500, FFIEC Cybersecurity Handbook)
- Practical experience communicating with various stakeholders effectively across the organization
- Ability to work in a remote environment with teams in India and in the United States
- Experience documenting policies and procedures
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a similar compliance or audit role
- Occasional international travel may be required
- Excellent verbal and writing skills (in English)
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!