Backend Technical Lead
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
A hands on technical leader who thrives in a fast paced collaborative environment. Someone who is excited about leading a growing team while also being hands on architecting and building our next generation of backend applications!
- Build robust and scalable systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements
- Contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks, and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Collaborate with product and other teams on functionality, security, reliability and automationSupport testing processes and troubleshooting issues and resolve them.
- Maintain and expand the functionality for existing products
- Mentor junior teammates and be a part of the hiring process for growing your team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years engineering experience
- Expertise in Java and/or Python
- Experience leading a team of engineers and owning projects from beginning to end
- Expertise in architecting and implementing distributed applications and developing RESTful APIs.
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc)Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with AWS and it’s cloud-based offerings
- Experience with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and deployment.
- Masters Degree
- Fintech/Startup Experience
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!