Careers-India – Engineering-India /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
As a Software Engineer Infrastructure/Distributed Systems, you will actively contribute and lead engineers in the design and development of new distributed data processing capabilities. You will be instrumental in helping us solve complex low-latency, distributed systems challenges to handle our ever-increasing scale.
Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis.
Designing and implementing extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process and manage petabytes of customer data. Work to improve algorithms built to schedule load on clusters of thousands of machines elastically at run-time. Improve systems to provide performance guarantees to customers in a shared-everything multi-tenant architecture. Lead and contribute to the re-architecting of our internal message processing technology to multi-petabyte per day scale. Help manage exabytes of data using the latest and greatest technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Engineering Degree in Computer Sciences or related discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership and delivery
- Experience developing scalable distributed data processing solutions
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following a micro-service architecture
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!