Senior Backend Engineer (Python)
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Backend Engineer with a solid technical background and able to work in a fast-paced environment and help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications.
- Designing and implementing and maintaining Microservices using Python hosted on AWS
- Designing and developing cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
- Build systems, services and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation
- Supporting testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field, masters degree preferred
- 5+ years engineering experience
- Expert in Python
- Strong experience in designing and architecting distributed services
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc).
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform.
- Experience leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery.
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!