Director of Compliance
New York, NY /
US – Compliance /
Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We’re looking for a Head of Compliance with experience in financial regulatory as well as IT operations and security process compliance. We need someone with a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems using out-of-the-box thinking.
- Providing regulatory oversight, risk management and policy implementation for all processes and systems applied
- Providing data management, confidentiality and security oversight and policy implementation
- Preparing the organization for and maintain a readiness to undergo audits certifying compliance of regulatory standards such as SSAE18, SOC2 and regulations issued by authorities such as DFS
- Evaluating compliance of applications and system to industry standards such as CIS, NIST and OWASP
- Being a strong problem-solver with good communication and collaboration skills
- Being flexible, a self-starter, and a fast-learner
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory as well as industry standards
- Experience preparing for and conducting compliance audits, both internal as well as external
- Familiarity with compliance levels of various cloud-based IT service providers such as AWS, Azure and Rackspace
- Good communication and negotiation skills
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.