New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You bring strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills to the Ocrolus Finance Team. You are eager to take charge and establish airtight procedures that will yield accurate and meaningful results from which the company can confidently accelerate and thrive. You are ready, willing, and able to immerse yourself in every facet of our business and begin building an internal accounting process to enhance and support our meteoric growth. You are experienced in owning the general accounting operations of the company and leading the financial reporting, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and expense reimbursement processes of the company.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles standards and regulatory requirements
- Work with external accounting firms to prepare and file federal, state, and local taxes
- Establish and oversee the monthly close process to issue timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manage global payroll and employee benefits alongside Head of Finance, People, and Operations team
- Maintain and enforce company policies and procedures including expense reimbursement and invoice/budget approvals tracking
- Manage periodic and annual tax filings and returns, and ensure timely submission to authorities
- Identify opportunities and implement best practices for continuous improvement, such as automation and other technology solutions
- BA/BS in Accounting with 7+ years combined experience between Big 4 and controller for SaaS and/or FinTech company
- CPA and experienced in independently managing accounting processes
- You have successfully managed, to completion, an independent financial audit
- You have strong financial reporting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of urgency and an ability to multitask
- Experience consolidating a foreign entity
- You have a solid understanding of SaaS financial and accounting technology, payments software and transaction processing
- You provide strategic perspectives and have the ability to see the larger picture, providing timely insights and analysis to drive outcomes
- You are knowledgeable in all things Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, Salesforce, and Google Suite.
- Demonstrated experience establishing internal controls at a small company or startup environment
- Experience in hyper-growth series A B or C startup
- Experience consolidating Indian entity preferred
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!