Senior Technical Product Manager
New York, NY
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Who You Are:
You are a hands-on technical product manager who will own the product strategy and roadmap for the Data Engineering capability at Ocrolus. As a Senior Product Manager, you will lead Product Management for our data capabilities, working with our clients and internal stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements across our clients, client-facing functions, and our data engineering, data science, and machine learning teams. You will lead the product strategy for our data capabilities, and work with the Data Engineering team to fulfill the product strategy. The candidate must have demonstrated results and success in a related big data capacity, preferably in a high- or hypergrowth-startup environment.
- Maintain a well-prioritized backlog for Data Engineering that advances the product strategy across a variety of commercial use cases
- Build technology capability roadmaps that scale to meet the business’s forward trajectory
- Ensure that engineering teams are consistently working on the highest value problems
- Create detailed feature requirements and convey client/market context to engineering
- Orient engineers towards delivering continuous user/client value
- Break up large initiatives into actional work streams
- Instill data-driven decision making into engineering & business teams using qualified metrics
- 3+ years work experience in a Technical Product Management or Product Development function covering the data engineering space
- Strong technical background (either educational or practical work experience)
- Strong academic record and/or evidence of success in structured work environment.
- Ability to articulate complex problems to a wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile practice
- Experience with big data technologies (cloud-scale object storage, relational databases, containerization technology, cloud-based streaming and batch ETL pipelines, reporting systems)
- Proficiency in data structures and ability to interact with databases (e.g. SQL)
- SaaS experience
- Experience with failure (e.g. product launch) and ability to course correct
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!