Backend Engineer, Java
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to help architect and build the next generation of our backend applications!
- Design, implement, and maintain microservices using Java
- Design and develop cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices
- Build systems, services, and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions
- Build and scale our fast growing online services and data pipelines
- Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation
- Support testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolve them
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years engineering experience
- Experience building complex service applications in Java, and solid understanding of the JVM
- Experience with Spring Framework and related ecosystem
- Strong database skills (Postgres, MySQL etc)
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and deployment
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!