Backend Web Developer - Python, Django, Microservices
Careers-India – Engineering-India /
Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
● Designing and implementing and maintaining Microservices using Python hosted on AWS
● Designing and developing cloud based software products conforming to industry best practices.
● Build systems, services and tools to handle new Ocrolus products and business requirements that securely scale over millions of transactions.
● Build and scale our fast growing online services and data pipelines.
● Collaborate with other teams on security, reliability and automation
● Supporting testing process and troubleshooting issues and resolving them.
- Expertise in Python based back-end product development with hands-on experience in Django framework. Experience with other REST API frameworks like Flask is a plus
- B.Tech/BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/ or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 years+ of relevant development work experience in Python Django
- Design and build the core back-end. Help integrate the front-end features.
- Experienced in PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Experienced in Cloud Computing application building and scaling running on Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc), Google Cloud, or Digital Ocean. Capacity planning and scaling, CDN, load balancer setup, caching, compute optimizations, delivery pipelines.
- Awareness of web application security risks and best practices to minimize these risks
- Candidates are good problem solvers, a coder, experienced on large projects, and release quality code that is maintainable and meets requirements.
- Candidates are willing to take ownership of their job responsibility. They are interested in the startup culture, feel empowered.
- Good team player who can communicate effectively and be a listener
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!