Electrical Assembly Technician
Slough, UK /
Octopus Energy UK 🇬🇧 – Research and Development /
Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We're on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
We are looking for an experienced electrical and control system assembler to work closely with an established Research and Development team of design engineers and help us strengthen our in-house prototyping capability.
What you'll do
- Work closely with mechanical and electrical design engineers to assemble and optimise new products related to the electrification of heat
- Work in the state of the art Octopus Energy Research & Development Centre
- Join an established team of Mechanical and Control Engineers
- Use your hands-on skills to turn concept designs into prototypes and finished products
- Build test rigs and assist with testing activities
What you'll need
- Experience in electrical assembly work and an understanding of how electrical principles such as power and data transmission influence best wiring practices
- The ability to follow an electrical schematic, formulate an approach to wiring the system and create a bill of materials
- Good understanding of electrical circuits and the function of electrical components from PCB level up to electromechanical actuators
- Experience in fault-finding on power and control systems
It would be great if you had..
- Experience using Linux command line
- Experience using programming languages such as C and Python
- A basic understanding of plumbing systems and piping system components
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we we're voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.