B2C Brand Manager (15-month contract)
London, UK /
Octopus Electric Vehicles 🚙 – Marketing & Product /
What we do. Electric Car Leasing
Why we do it. Greener. Fairer. Future.
We’re helping the masses to join the electric driving revolution and we need your help. We want to become the place to get everything you need to switch to an EV.
We make it totally hassle free to switch to electric driving by giving customers the whole package. Car, charging, energy. The lot. And we need to tell people about it. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a Brand Manager to lead our marketing efforts to consumers, both through our personal lease, and our salary sacrifice proposition.
This is a 15-month maternity contract starting around 1st May 2023.
What you'll do...
- Work with the Head of Marketing to build our B2C brand marketing strategy to grow awareness of our brand and our propositions
- Support our wider marketing and sales teams to deliver month on month growth in EV orders, by finding and putting into practice strategies to:
- Activate more employees who are eligible for salary sacrifice
- Improving conversion rate of our personal lease
- Split your time roughly 60/40 across our salary sacrifice proposition vs our personal lease
- Work closely with our Product team to define how we develop, position and market our personal lease to appeal to our target audience and ultimately improve conversion rates
- Lead our driver referral scheme, making data-driven recommendations to optimise the process and customer experience to drive more leads
- Explore and scope out an EV community for Octopus customers and prospects that will help us activate more employees and deliver an awesome customer experience
- Work with our CRM executive to develop and launch CRM campaigns and nurture programmes
- Lead multi-channel marketing campaigns, working with specialists across our marketing team to execute your creative ideas across SEO, PR, social media and CRM
- Use every bit of customer insight and data to understand what our customers want, and shape our marketing comms and creative around this
- Partner with all channel owners so that every communication with our customers is on-brand and in line with our brand strategy
- Work with other teams across Octopus Energy to find opportunities to promote Octopus Electric Vehicles and grow brand awareness among consumers
What you'll need...
- B2C experience as a Brand Manager or in generalist marketing, ideally within a start-up or scale-up businesses
- A can-do attitude - you need to be willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, including writing copy, updating our website, and briefing our design team
- Strong commercial awareness with a proven track record of using budget and resources creatively to deliver results
- A data-driven approach to your decision making, so you fully understand and take ownership of the activity you’re launching and its effectiveness
- A creative mindset - we don’t take a typical approach to marketing and we need you to think differently about the challenges we need to overcome
- Ability to prioritise and think critically about marketing opportunities - there’s always a lot going on and loads of cool things we could do. You need to be able to decipher which we should do to make Octopus Electric Vehicles the place for everything EV
- Great teamwork - you’ll need to work across the whole marketing team and wider business to make our campaigns a massive success
Why else you'll love it here
- Wondering what the salary for this role is? Just ask us! On a call with one of our recruiters it's something we always cover as we genuinely want to match your experience with the correct salary. The reason why we don't advertise is because we honestly have a degree of flexibility and would never want salary to be a reason why someone doesn't apply to Octopus - what's more important to us is finding the right octofit!
- Octopus Energy is a unique culture. An organisation where people learn, decide, and build quicker. Where people work with autonomy, alongside a wide range of amazing co-owners, on projects that break new ground. We want your hard work to be rewarded with perks you actually care about! We won best company to work for in 2022, on Glassdoor we were voted 50 best places to work in 2022 and our Group CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Visit our perks hub - Octopus Employee Benefits
If this sounds like you then we'd love to hear from you.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire. Across Octopus, we're looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our people are our strongest asset and the unique skills and perspectives people bring to the team are the driving force of our success. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, an inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone.